Saturday, October 29, 2011

Love the Holidays

It's finally started to cool down in North Texas.  It's even cool enough now to consider it getting closer to the holidays.  And then I had a genius idea.  I'm going to cook Thanksgiving dinner for my whole Texas family.

Yep.  The whole thing - for six people.  Let's hope I don't screw this up.

Of course, the part that worries me the most is the turkey.  The quintessential centerpiece of the Thanksgiving meal - the bird.  Just to clarify, I don't think it's particularly difficult, but it is intimidating.  If I mess that up, we eat side dishes for dinner that night.  And let's face it...as deliciously wonderful as those sides may be, it's just not quite the same Thanksgiving experience without the turkey.

I do have a few tricks up my sleeve, though.  Don't worry.  But still cross your fingers for me, please ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment