Saturday, November 12, 2011

Motivation and Inspiration



We all go through times in our lives that are difficult, painful, disappointing, or a combination of all of the above.  Nobody can get through that by themselves.  I am so thankful that I don't have to deal with that alone either.  The size of my support system amazes me.  I am incredibly thankful and lucky to have been able to surround myself with amazing, supportive, caring people - especially in difficult times.

Another thing that always helps me is to find motivational, inspirational, positive quotes.  Being a bit of a quote-junkie anyway, this is a bit of a natural thing for me to turn to, but it never fails to help.  Here are a few that I have found lately that make me re-evaluate where I stand in certain situations.
We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.

You are somebody’s reason to smile.
Life isn’t about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself.
Though no one can go make and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
Unless it’s mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it is a waste of time.  There are too many mediocre things in life.  Love should not be one of them.

In your life, you meet people. Some you never think about again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again.
Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'
No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life to be thankful for a good one.
Some people come into your life as blessings; others come into your life as lessons.
The longer you wait for something, the more you’ll appreciate it when you get it, because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.  So love the people who treat your right, forget about the ones who don’t, and believe that everything happens for a reason.  If you get a chance, take it.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said it would be easy; they just promised it would be worth it.
Don’t fall for just anyone.  Only fall for the person who can prove that they are worth it.
Sometimes we need to forget some people from our past because of one simple reason - they don’t belong in our future.

You’ll never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. (Groucho Marx)

Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony.  In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity. -Albert Einstein.
Everything happens for a reason.  People change so that you can learn to let go.  Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right.  You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.  And sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
Laugh when you can.  Apologize when you should.  Let go of what you can’t change.  Kiss slowly.  Play hard.  Forgive quickly.  Take chances, give everything, and have no regrets.  Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Every story has an end, but in life, every end is just a new beginning.

I don’t need someone who makes my heart whole.  Instead, I need someone who will never let me feel broken.
Find someone who can make you smile, and never give up on them.
“Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.”

To all of my amazingly supportive family, friends, and co-workers - Thank you!  You are the best people I have ever had the honor of having in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment