Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Joplin

I've never known anyone in Joplin.  Actually, I don't think I've ever known anyone from Missouri.

Still, I feel especially horrible for the people of that area after the recent tornado.  Obviously, the damage is devastating.  And something unescapable.  Those poor people had such little notice, and even if they had had more time to prepare, it wouldn't have made much difference.  They were face to face with a monster 7 miles long and 1 mile wide.  I did a 5K on Sunday and realized that's not even HALF of the length of the tornado that tore through Joplin on the same day.  I can't even fathom a storm that large.

I want to do something.  I don't have money to just throw at them.  I don't have the time needed to go help on the ground.  Yet, I desperately want to help the victims of this horrific storm.

What can I do?  Make stuff.  I can make blankets, quilts, bags, anything of the like.  But where do I send it?  If anyone has any contacts in Joplin or nearby (as I'm sure mail is quite hindered), please let me know.

Obviously, it won't be much, but it's something.  And I encourage you to do something too, if you can...or help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment